Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

LENOLLIUM PRINT MAKING, BLOG FOR COLLEGE

"Linoleum was a 20th-century development in the art of relief cuts. The linoleum block consists of a thin layer of linoleum mounted on wood; in this the design to be printed is cut in the same manner as for a woodcut. The advantage of linoleum cuts lies in the softness of the material and the consequent ease with which it can be cut." source: http://www.instructables.com/id/Linoleum-Block-Printing/step2/Research-
Here is an example of a lenolium print.

I feel the project was not as successful as i intended. The results of my lenolium prints were not satisfactory to my standards, especially considering the amount of time that went into the carvings. these are the results of my first lenollium cuts .I titled the project "Me and my four personalities"


These were the first four lenoillium prints that i produced, self portrait, even though they did not turn out to my expectations, it was fun, and i am going to keep using this method for printing business cards and signs when i run out of printer ink.Below is the lenno block that i used after i accidently used silk screen ink to make my first print.rookie mistsake.
thank you everyone who helped, for providing the knowledge and the tools .




No comments:

Post a Comment